I’m Christopher Ng, a born and bred Singaporean. Currently, I am an undergraduate at NTU Singapore, working towards my bachelor’s in computer science. I enjoy what I study, and am particularly interested in cyber security.
Previously, I went on overseas exchange to ETH Zurich, Switzerland, from September 2019 to February 2020. Subsequently, I spent the next five months as an information security intern in Singapore Airlines.
In my free time, I like to tinker with technology. Some of my personal side projects include:
- Hosting a personal RSS feed reader, Nextcloud, and various other services on a virtual private server, using Docker.
- Creating some simple Android (Java) and Windows (.NET, WinForms/WPF) applications, for personal/family use.
- Exploring newer programming languages. In particular, I am quite interested in:
- Rust, for unique way of handling memory safety in a low-level language.
- Go, for its way of handling asynchronous programming (green threads, aka goroutines).
- This blog 😉
I also enjoy reading novels, playing computer games (especially CRPGs) and practising target archery.
Some other places you can find me:
This blog was built using Hugo, a static site generator. The theme is all mine, and was inspired by Mitesh’s Sakura CSS theme (license). I have also used Nicolas and Jonathan’s normalize.css, so I do not have to worry about layouts differing across browsers/devices (license).